Become a registered caregiver for a child
The HCY Program provides service coordination and authorization for medically necessary In-home services for MO HealthNet recipients with special healthcare needs from birth to age 21.
Service coordination includes assessment through home visits and links to services and resources that enable individuals to remain safely in their homes with their families. Authorized services may include personal care, nursing care and skilled nursing visits.
Algonquin Nurses Home Health Care I, LLC will direct and provide the services for your loved one. Algonquin Nurses is licensed with the State of MO, DHSS (Department of Health and Senior Services) to provide the special needs for your Child.
To be eligible for this program, the participant must:
- Be a Missouri resident
- Be birth to age 21
- Need medically necessary services
- Be enrolled in MO HealthNet
What is a Service Coordination?
Special Health Care Needs, (SHCN) Public Health Nurse Service Coordinators monitor services through assessments, regular home visits, medical records and care plan. Algonquin Nurses Home Health Care and DHSS will coordinate these services.
- Evaluation and assessment of needs
- Identifying and accessing service providers
- Service plan development and implementation
- Transition planning
- Coordination of services through resource identification and referral
- Family Support
- Assisting in establishing a medical home
Prior Authorization of medically necessary services is required, including
- Private Duty Nursing
- Advanced Personal Care
- Personal Care Aide
- Skilled Nurse Visits
- Authorized Registered Nurse Visits
- Administrative Case Management